Monday 4 June 2012

Model finds beauty in life as photographer

 

Model finds beauty in life as photographer

Kristen Jensen stands next to one of her photographs on display at Molten Java in Bethel Friday, May 11, 2012. I was not famous, but always working.

I traveled all over Europe -- 37 countries -- for more than two decades. The issue needs more awareness. ". I really believe in what they do, because I am a survivor of domestic violence. I feel that's my role as a photographer and image strategist, too.

Q: Do you have children?

A: My son, Noah, who is 11. But I actually started my business in 2001.

Q: How long have you been snapping pictures?

A: In the late '90s, I produced a video, "The Art of Modeling," about how to get into the business. To get clients, I did many, many jobs for free. By sharing my own experiences, I hope to empower women to be the best THEY CAN} be. The only reason I can speak out now is because my former partner passed away last June.

Q: What is life style photography?

A: Candid, modern photography with a more editorial, magazine-like feel. So toward the end of my career, I got a Nikon and started shooting stills, like other models' head shots, during downtime. Some photographers mentored me, which helped.

Q: Do you have professional training?

A: I trained through the modeling. Because I have been on that side of the camera, I also understand that most people are not comfortable there, so I have empathy and compassion for clients. Before that, I never might have. My life was always threatened, and I was too afraid to file charges.

Q: Do you model at all?

Q: What is your affiliation with the Women's Center?

A: I do some pro bono work for them. I bought my first digital camera in 2002, and I was way ahead of the curve on that. There was some overlap with the two careers; my last year of modeling was 2005. That's when the photography took off.

Model finds beauty in life as photographer



Trade News selected by Local Linkup on 04/06/2012

 

No comments:

Post a Comment